Monday, January 2, 2012

My 2012 Bucket List

I know I wrote about resolutions that I most definitely WILL NOT be making this year, but I do make a weak effort at resolutions every year.

I don't write them down but generally speaking I have one or two things that I wish to do or try that knock around in my head until I decide to have at it.

A couple of years ago it was to cut sugar from my morning coffee.

Last year it was to start a blog.

I succeeded at both.

I know.  I aim low - but still.

This year since I now have a place to put my resolutions I thought ... why not try a little harder?  Challenges are always good for the soul right?

I will make myself accountable and tell at least 60 people what my plans are for the year to come.  Some are minor and some are kind of a big deal.  I hope I don't disappoint myself.  I plan to look back a year from now and see what I accomplished.

Here goes!

1.  Take my daily vitamins.

I was watching Dr Oz about a year ago and Deepak Chopra was on it.  He talked about the three most important vitamins every should take and that day I went out and purchased them.  (Multi, Vitamin D and Omega 3,6,9). I was pretty good at taking them every morning but then I took them without eating breakfast once and...just don't ever do that.  Unless you want to know what mild morning sickness feels like.  I was sooo nauseous.

2.  Eat breakfast before 9 am.

I find that if I don't eat breakfast before 9 am I become like an rabid scavenging animal.  I practically foam at the mouth, rummaging through my cupboards and fridge. Cereal simply will not do.  It's really strange the weird things that happen to my body.  I need to have non-breakfast food. Like leftover pasta at 10 am.  I don't care if it's hot or cold.  Cookies!  Or a bean and beef burrito.  With sour cream and hot sauce.  Or all three at the same time.  Not even lying.  I'm weird.  I tried to tell you guys that already.

3.  Start an herb garden.

I love to cook.  I especially love cooking with fresh, seasonal ingredients.  I plan to start growing the herbs indoors.  It'll be like a science project with my kids...maybe they can even help! (these ideas always look way more fun in my head than when reality hits - I'm an idealist or an optimist.  Or maybe I'm just dumb.)  Basil, parsley, oregano...mmmm.  I'm pretty excited about this one!

4.  Grow a small vegetable patch.

Tomatoes, maybe some zucchini, green onion, some lettuce.  What happened to aiming low?  I'm starting to make myself a little nervous here.

5.  Make samosas from scratch.

Again with the food, I know.  I LOVE indian food and so does my 2 year old.  Believe it.  He eats it ALL.  Curried mussels, spicy beef patties, butter chicken.

I bought a pastry cutter and everything for this one.

6.  Volunteer for the city wide spring clean up with Adrian.

He not only points out "litter" and "litter bugs", he helps clean up garbage on our walks together.  3 years old and already a contributing member of society.  Love him.

7.  Run 10K.

I will be doing this in the spring.  And I'm terrified.

8.  Plan more date nights with my husband.

The last time we went on a date together...was....ohhh....I honestly can't tell you.  Our 5 year anniversary??  Over 6 months ago maybe???!  Yep.  That's no good.  Something has to change there.

A Happy New Year's to you all!!!!  May 2012 be your best year yet!!!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

These are great resolutions! Have fun - I am sure we will be hearing about some of these adventures!