Monday, August 15, 2011
10 Things I Miss The Most
I'm linking up over at The Good Life for Monday Listicles. Oh, how I love a good list.
I miss SO much. So many people. So many spontaneous things that I could do BK. (before kids).
These are in random order. 'Cause that's how my mind works these days. Randomly. And how terrible would I be if I missed a dinosaur t-shirt more than my Mum, my best friend and my deceased Grandmother?
1. I miss my favourite comfy pants that I left on a hook behind a hotel bathroom door and the super cool yellow dinosaur t-shirt that I bought at Value Village many, many years ago. I'm pretty sure it was also hanging there with my favourite pants. My sons would've loved that t-shirt.
2. I miss my BFF. I miss having breakfast with her at Archie's hungover on a Sunday. I miss our SATC marathons in the middle of summer. I miss our talks. About life. Clothes. Men. We still have them but they're not the same over the phone and, more importantly, without sharing cheese and wine.
3. I miss my Mum. All the time. Everyday. She's an awesome woman, that Mumma of mine. (she's alive and well thank God - she just lives in another city)
4. I miss my Grandma Belle. What a lady. It's been 16 years since she's passed and I still think about her every single day. She was warm, hilarious, honest, smart. I miss the back scratches that she gave and would put me sleep with and how she used to braid my hair and use twist ties to keep the braid in place because she couldn't find an elastic. I miss her teasing me about boys. I miss hearing the stories about her childhood and the early days with my Poppy. I could go on and on. Oh how I miss that wonderful woman.
5. I miss my cat Ziggy. We'll never know why or how he died....he was only 3 years old but that cat was the sweetest animal that ever was. And I am not a cat person.
6. I miss our old apartment in Wortley Village. It was small but it holds such huge memories. John and I got engaged there. Sitting across from each other eating a gourmet meal at our cheap, crappy green legged coffee table, he asked me to be his wife. I'm so happy I said yes. Like there was any doubt.
7. I miss all of my friends. But I also love the fact that when we get together it's like we're right back to where we were. You know you have great friends when.
8. I miss the days BK when my husband and I would hang out in our apartment on Wortley, drink wine and decide on a whim that we wanted to go out for a late dinner. I miss dressing up, putting make up on and having John tell me how beautiful I look.
9. I miss the feeling of my babies movement in my belly. It still blows my mind that I got to experience the miracle of pregnancy not once but twice.
10. I miss the quality of 80's tv shows from when I was a kid. Shows like, The Wonder Years, Punky Brewster, Growing Pains, Charles in Charge, Doogie Howser, Webster, The Cosby Show, My Two Dad's, Family Ties.
Today's Reality TV shows just don't hold a candle to the acting skills of Scott Baio and Kirk Cameron. However disturbingly addicting they can be.