Monday, June 20, 2011

Like Poppa, Like Grandson

Add caption
Many times as young kids while driving down a country road with my Dad we would come across a freshly fertilized farm field.

My Dad would roll the window all the way down and inhale deeply sighing...ahhhhh...and say something to the effect of, "Smell that fresh air, doesn't it smell great?!"

To which my brother and I would both be completely disgusted yelling at him with our noses pinched between our index finger and thumb "Ew DAD!  That's so gross!  Roll the window UP!!!"

The funny thing is at the time I thought he was doing it because he got a kick out of that exact reaction out from us but now I actually believe he likes the smell of cow manure.  I think it gives him a feeling of childhood nostalgia as he once lived in a small farm town.

Today while driving from the park with the boys that stinky cow poop smell wafted in through the windows.  (of-course I always think of my Dad when I smell it) .

Me, rolling up the windows, "EWWW.  Peeeyooo!"

Adrian breathes in deeply and exclaims with a big grin on his face, "YUMMY!"


No comments: