Wednesday, October 17, 2012

He Loves Me More than Cheerios

We lay underneath the simulated constellations provided by his twilight turtle, in my littlest's toddler bed.  I was as comfortable as an adult can be in a toddler bed (which is not at all...as soon as my shoulder hit that vinyl-like hard mattress it promptly fell asleep) but Fin was as snug as a bug surrounded by about 12 blankets, 3 of his stuffed animals and of-course me.

After singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star about 50 times I told him it was time for him to close his eyes and go to sleep  .

"No way."  A simple 'no' does not suffice for him.

"I love you."

"I yuv you."  He whispered back.

"How much does Mummy love you?"

"Big Much."

"More than big much baby."  And just to prove to how much..."I love you more than coffee.  I love you more than...chocolate.  I love you more than..."

"Cheese."

I didn't just laugh.  I guffawed.  Child knows his Mother well.

"What do you love Mummy more than?"

"Oatmeal."  Oatmeal?  Oatmeal??!!  I was only a more than a little bit outraged.  I mean doesn't everyone like anything better than oatmeal?!!

I accepted it.  But.  I had to truly find out the depth of his love for me.  So I asked him the real testing question.

"Do you love Mummy ...  more than ... Cheerios?"

I held my breath.

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't sure what his answer would be.  Baby boy of mine has a serious, serious addiction love for his Cheerios and milk.

His answer was clear.

"Yes."

Whew.

1 comment:

middle child said...

Just to be safe, I would stop buying cheerios.