Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lovelinked

Once again it was just the three of us.  My boys and I.

The evening fun went on a little too long and they were over tired.  There was a lot of whining and crying and refusal of their own beds.

So.

Up they scrambled onto our large bed...it was so past their bed times even the summer sky was dimmed with a mere slash of moon light.

The room was dark.  The comforter was cozy.  The fan whirred.

I lay down between them.  We began with our heads on the same pillow, their heads tilted toward mine.

Finley's little hand reached for mine and our fingers entwined as my other hand tickled Adrian's back.

My arms were criss-crossed against my chest to meet their unspoken requests.

Adrian moved his head toward the comfort of my belly, where he had begun his life over 5 years ago.

My little one rolled over top of me to the same side as his brother amongst a small protest. He rested his head on the place where the centre of my love lives, huge, ever growing and unstoppable.  His legs that were becoming less chubby and more big boyish lay over top of his big brother's now lean, muscular ones.

And there we remained.

How blessed I felt.

A love linked triangle of the sweetest kind.

No comments: