Thursday, June 23, 2011

In Celebrating my 100th Post I'll Celebrate YOU (my fellow bloggess's)

I came across a comment on one of my favourite Mommy/Foodie blogs the other day that really, entirely irked me with every fiber of my being.

She said; "I'm a writer, 1st time pregnant (37 weeks), and foodie. I don't like mommy blogs but stumbled on yours just a couple weeks ago and can't stop reading..."  

Oohhh-kaaayy.

I don't know about you but all I saw was "I don't like mommy blogs".

I get that everyone has their opinion on what they enjoy reading.  I get it.  I do.

Personally, I like to read about funny yet real Motherhood experiences ... and food.  (I really love food).   However to express this particular thought on a mom blog where other mom blogger's are likely to also read this comment made my blood run hot.

I could hear my heart beating in my ears when I read this.

But, BUT.  I refrained from making a possibly not so nice comment about her not so nice comment.  I just don't do that (anymore)...and I wondered....

Am I being far too sensitive?  I keep asking myself this question.

Am I?

I didn't have a clue what I was doing when I started up this blog (this post happens to be my 100th post and I still don't know what I'm doing when it comes to the linky doo-doo's/computeristic stuff - it took me over a month or two to figure out how to download pictures and add links...I know - loser)  I had no clue of the sense of community it contained, the other amazing Mother's I would 'meet' and the absolute support these women (and men - let's not forget about the awesome Daddy bloggers) give to one another.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Mommy bloggers or Foodie bloggers.


I had no clue.

All I knew was that I wanted to be able to somehow record my great and not so great moments of being a Mom of 2 little rambunctious monsters that all but drive me to the brink of craziness every minute  day of my life.

But let me tell you these Mommy bloggers have made their way into my life with the most wonderful sense of camaraderie welcoming my humble little blog into their world with open arms.

These woman are amazing!

And funny!

And brilliant!

And raw!

And poetic!

And did I mention hilarious!??!

What's not to like?

I don't think you could find more honesty than in a Mommy blog and now it just makes me a little sad for this woman that rejects us all with such a judgmental blanket statement.  It's a shame, really, that she has dismissed such a huge community of fabulous women.

Because when she's all freaking out in the thick of poopy diapers, drenched and sticky with blood, sweat and tears (literally), spit up and leaking breast milk dealing with a screaming baby at 2 am, having many moments feeling like she is 'all alone' in the vortex of Motherdom, I would hope, she too, could find some comfort, to know that she is NOT alone in the chaos of Mommyhood...and find us all waiting......

.... here.....

momosyllabic
18 Years To Life
Flux Capacitor
I'm Living Proof God has a Sense of Humor
My 3 Little Birds
The Momalog
Small Fries With That
The O'Gs
The Truth About Motherhood
Stark. Raving. Mad. Mommy.
A(n) (un)Common Family
A Stones Throw From Insanity
The Daily Doty
dash and bella
Mama Wants This!
Things I Can't Say
Parenting Ad Absurdum
Mommy Nani Booboo

6 comments:

Helene said...

Some of my favorite blogs are on that list!! And you know what, the person who left that comment about not liking Mommy blogs is in for a real surprise. Notice she's pregnant with her FIRST child. You just wait...she'll be entering the world of mommy bloggers before she knows it. We always have the last laugh!

Thanks for the shout-out...sooooo awesome to have been included on your list!

Antje M. Rauwerda said...

Thanks for the shout out! I LOVE mommybloggers.
And re: blogging, I STILL have no clue ;-)

Lisa said...

Aw!!! Thank you for the shout out darlin. And that makes me angry too. What's not to like about mommy blogs?? Especially when you're a mommy??

Amber_D said...

I know some people hate the term "mommy blogger" but I embrace it. I echo everything you have written. I get more support, advice and comfort from this community than I get from the women in my life sometimes.

Thanks for mentioning my little corner of the internet. It made my day.

January Dawn said...

Ahhhhh my fellow bloggess's you are so welcome. Anything I can do to spread the word on your awesome blogs.

Kristin said...

Oh, how awesome! Just what I need...more awesome reading! I hear you on the whole AWESOMENESS of this world of Mommy bloggers. I can't imagine not having found it....for SOOOOO many reasons - support, photography, shopping, food, sanity.....