Thursday, January 27, 2011

When the morning comes too fast....

Last night was a typical night in the Soden household.  Finley woke up crying at 1 am as he has about 10 teeth popping through and Adrian awoken by Finley started crying "Mumma!  Muuuummmmaaa!" from his bed.  So there I went from one son to the next.....and eventually back to bed.

It was still dark when I hear at the side of my bed (always, ALWAYS my side of-course) "Mumma...I'm hungry" This usually means he wants 2 bites of his breakfast and then swooshing, jumping and flying around like Iron Man commences.  I look at the clock blurrily....6:01 am....really....REALLY?  Nope this is not happening. So I start to reason with Adrian "Honey, it's too early, it's the middle of the night.  Look, it's dark - everyone is still sleeping on the street".  Waaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!  Oh God.  Please no.  "Honey, why don't you come up and cuddle in Mommy and Daddy's bed where it's nice and cozy and I'll get you some juice".  Wow, that was easy.  Up he climbs (we have a really tall bed) and he says "Can I have some mango juice with no water in it?"  He's long ago figured out that we water down his juice, so I have to secretly dilute it when he's not looking.

Back in bed he finishes his (watered down  ;) ) juice and lays nice and quietly beside me....HA!....I wish.  He tosses, turns and eventually climbs on me and tries to cuddle on my chest/belly like he did when he was half his size.  Awwww.  Now this is what's so great about being a Mummy.  Nothing compares to the feeling of your baby's warm body cuddled into yours.  We lay cuddling for about an hour until I hear the sweet, adorable babbles coming from the crib of my other baby.  And so another day in January dawns....

1 comment:

Mayu said...

So glad you picked up blogging! :-)

I finally got to writing a new post as well. Check it out if you want to http://husbandfathernerd.blogspot.com/2011/01/incompetental-not-real-word-i-know.html