Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Little bit of Sunshine on a Cloudy Day


It was a dismal cold, grey day but I decided to take the boys into the backyard to play on the swings  before dinner.

As I'm pushing them on the swings Finley looks up and says "Ahga ba dada!" around his soother, pointing excitedly to the flock of birds flying over us and landing on my neighbours roof.

Me "Yes, Fin!  Birds!"

Adrian "Why are the birds up on the roof?"

Me "Well, birds like to be up high I guess"  Sometimes, I just make up 'facts' as I go...it might not be the most intelligent sentences that fall out of my mouth but I gotta think fast as a parent and after having 2 kids my brain cells seem to have quickly deteriorated.

Adrian "Why?"

Me "It's fun to be up high.  You can see lots of things from up high." Again, although this might be true, it doesn't come off as the most intelligent thing I've ever said.

Adrian "Yeah!  Like POOP!"  breaking up into uncontrollable laughter.

Me *sighing on the inside* "Yes, honey, like poop." and I couldn't help but crack up along with him.

2 comments:

parenting ad absurdum said...

I know - my kids questions constantly show me how little I actually know!! I make stuff up all the time :)

Lisa said...

You gotta make up answers. They'll forget...eventually.